Sign in to follow this  
Donn

Last Movie You Watched?

Donn    45

Figured we could see what type of movies we like and recommend some.

Last movie I saw was Taken 2. It's an alright beat'em up type of movie.

billymagnum    50

Les Miserables. pretty fantastic if you are into musicals like ive always been. can you believe that ive never ever read the story nor saw/heard the musical before this? i only knew one song which was "on my own" which ive heard on different shows and such. great performances from everyone except Russel Crowe. While he did fit the part very well, I thought his voice was pretty bad. Not like it ruined the movie though...

before that i saw The Hobbit which had some great action in it but tended to get dreadfully boring in between and I don't love the cast really...

then before that i watch Drive. Not what I expected. Very dark and violent. I liked it.

Scooby    12

Figured we could see what type of movies we like and recommend some.

Last movie I saw was Taken 2. It's an alright beat'em up type of movie.

ha, the last I watched was also Taken 2, I didn't like it, it was so unrealistic. I know Byran Mills is a trained agent but c'mon :rolleyes:

Eireni    28

ARGHH THE HOBBIT WAS PERFECTION I shan't hear anything against it =P

omg though where do I start?

It depends on what genre you're into; this year there are some great comic-based ones and animated ones I'm really excited to see

General genres though,

Persepolis is great, don't be fooled by its style as it's quite serious;

Les Triplettes de Beleville (also known as Belleville Rendez-vous) is totally mad... and awesome;

Skyfall, the latest James Bond movie is EPIC... although it's good to have some background knowledge of previous James Bond films, it isn't 100% necessary. I recommend the soundtrack, as well, the music is amazing; and not just Adele's award-winning song, Thomas Newman's compositions are incredible

Also, Batman: the Dark Knight Rises and the Avengers are awesome, but if you haven't seen the first two batmans, or captain america and the iron man films you should probably watch them first (there's also the Hulk movie but it isn't great)

In terms of animated movies, Paranorman and Rise of the Guardians are stunning... RotG didn't do as well as expected because the trailers weren't great, but I promise you, the film is gorgeous. The ending is eh, but the rest is goood.

Oh, and do not watch Zero Dark Thirty. The action is good, but it is Islamophobic as f***. Serious racism. Sure, it's about Osama Bin Laden so there's bound to be hate, but it completely demonises muslims, which just isn't on.

These are what I have at the top of my head right now, but I think I'll list some more later.

Donn    45

Hmm, some movies I recently watched:

Safety Not Guaranteed - Funny movie that has its moments.

The Raid Redemption: If you like gory violence with fancy choreography, then this movie is for you.

Flight - A surprisingly good movie that goes beyond the initial plot device.

ParaNorman - Really good if you like animated movies.

Frankenweenie - Eh.

Skyfall - Awesome movie all around, I had my doubts after QoS, but this movie delivers.

Eireni    28

Skyfall - Awesome movie all around, I had my doubts after QoS, but this movie delivers.

Yeah Quantum of Solace is generally not thought of as one of the better Bond movies. Apparently there's a lot of die-hard Bond fans who hate Skyfall, but I for one absolutely adored it; everything from the concept to the characters and their relationships, the directing and camera shots, and music, was all perfect in my opinion

This is a really interesting view on it: (spoilers alert!) http://paratactician.tumblr.com/post/34764828656/five-reasons-skyfall-is-the-best-james-bond-movie

Donn    45

Watched Wreck It Ralph; Pretty good movie, surprising that they were able to use all those video game characters.

Connor    6

Watched Iron man 3 the other day; It was alright I guess, Iron man 2 was better though.

Donn    45

Yeah I saw Iron Man 3 and liked it a lot. Though my first impressions is that I liked it more than 2 :P

JustShrley    12

Iron Man 3 was okay... Funny how my cousin made me stay to the very end... until the credits were over to see the little one minute scene in the end. lol

billymagnum    50

Iron Man 3 was okay... Funny how my cousin made me stay to the very end... until the credits were over to see the little one minute scene in the end. lol

havent seem it yet but expected it to be meh. i didnt really even like #2. the best iron man movie ever was the avengers lol.

Connor    6

I made my Girlfriend stay with me until the credits were over :lol: There is always a little scene after the credits. :D

Donn    45

Got around to seeing Django Unchained. Pretty much what you expect out of a Tarantino film.

ben1983    38

The last film i have watched was Hangover 3, i watched all parts till now and this part finished perfect the trilogy, but i thing there comes an further part.

The jokes were good and not like cheap running-gags, and Alan was in this part a real psycho but to the good side realy funny.

Donn    45

I enjoyed the first two, so I'm looking forward to the Hangover 3 on DVD.

Saw Man Of Steel the other day. Eh, I have a lot of issues with it.

JustShrley    12

I enjoyed the first two, so I'm looking forward to the Hangover 3 on DVD.

Saw Man Of Steel the other day. Eh, I have a lot of issues with it.

How was the Man Of Steel?

billymagnum    50

im gonna go see it. not because im all that interested, but because i got a free ticket. i honestly havent enjoyed superman in any form since i was a kid. i did like smallville but i fell off after a few seasons.

Donn    45

How was the Man Of Steel?

I enjoyed it and everything. It had Superman kicking butt, can't ask for much more than that!

JustShrley    12

I enjoyed it and everything. It had Superman kicking butt, can't ask for much more than that!

true true! We always like Superman put in action! Saving the day :lol:

ben1983    38

The last movie that i watched was "Lucy"
I have read a few reviews before I have watched the movie.
They were very different. I know some movies from Luc Besson are not for everybody. But i'm a real Luc Besson movie fan. Therefore the bad reviews were not so important for me.
Have someone else seen the film ?