Sign in to follow this  
JustShrley

Taste of music?

JustShrley    12

So we all know we are hooked to Kimbra's music :wub: but what other kind of music do you listen to?

What type of music is yours? What's your favorite band/bands/musicians? Have you seen them live?

Just thought it be fun to know what kind of music does everyone on the forum listen to :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well for me I'm a huge fan of Katy Perry and The Veronicas.. Absolutely love their lyrics.

I've seen Katy 8 times live and The Veronicas yet to see. Hopefully, on the next tour after their new album :)

Also I've started listening to Krewella (an electronic dance/dub group) they are soo good. I recommend that you check them out.. Their song "Alive" got to me the first time I heard them. :rolleyes:

Donn    45

I listen to all kinds of music, from rap, rock, pop, generally anything that sounds good to my ears.

Though one of my favorite bands is Chevelle. Saw them live in March, amazing hearing them live.

Scooby    12

I listen to every genre, you name it but if there is no substance behind the music, I can't listen to it. I can't stand generic pop music like "Call Me Maybe" and Justin Beiber's entire catalog :D , then again, I'm a dude. My favorite male artist is Eric Clapton and my favorite female artist is Alison Krauss and I have seen them both live. I want to catch Sara Bareilles in concert but she's not touring right now. I made a bucket list of everybody I want to see before I turn 30 :)

Sara Bareilles

Ingrid Michaelson

Mark Knopfler

Robert Cray

Eric Johnson

George Benson

Shania Twain in Caesar Palace

Michelle Branch

Norah Jones

Sheryl Crow

Bone Thugs N Harmony

billymagnum    50

i have a wide range of everything but rap, dubstep, and extreme pop really...

im very picky when it comes to artists i like. im not one to have 300 artists on their ipod and 30,000 songs. i keep a small core of favorites. kimbra being the most recent addition.

metallica

pantera

evanescence

bjork

kerli

muse

old green day

imogen heap

aphex twin

the prodigy

dream theater

radiohead

sarah mclachlan

my own stuff

theres more i cant think of right now but thats a good sum of them.

ive only seen metallica quite a few times and dream theater once out of this whole group. im hoping that will change next year. i was lucky enough to meet metallica also in 2009. they were my idols in my teens while learning guitar. it was an experience that was only topped by meeting Kimbra. :D

• Like 1

ben1983    38

and probably even less ppl can say they like mine :lol:

Thats not right, leastways your "Warrior Remix" know a lot of people.

And if the rest of your music sounds approximately good like this your music must be good. :)

I listen to almost every genre.

Except the most of electronic music, certainly there are a lot of exceptions.

I don't know how i should describe it. There are too much bands and genre.

In the last time i listen to Band,s like: Foster the People, Florence + the Machine and of course, Kimbra.But Kimbra is certainly one of my most listened to artist!

This i would say i my prefered music genre, if you can put them in one tendency of genre.

I was only t a few concerts.

Two times at Shakira concerts, in mean it was in 2003 and 2004.

Two times at Kimbra concerts in this Year, that were naturally the most unforgettable.

Today got my Florence + the Machine concertickets for the 28.11 in Luxemburg.

billymagnum    50

Thats not right, leastways your "Warrior Remix" know a lot of people.

And if the rest of your music sounds approximately good like this your music must be good. :)

thanks ben thats kind of you to say :D

Eireni    28

Hmm I listen to most genres...

some favourite music of mine:

Beirut: indie

Josh Garrels: I'm not sure? uhh It's pretty...

Bach: baroque, mainly like the unaccompanied stuff for violin and cello

-arghh my favourite piece/rendition is like nowhere on the internet >[

(think 30's swing)

Alex Clare: dubstep I guess?

Aretha Franklin: Blues

Florence & The Machine: uhh... some kind of alternative? i think?

Evanescence

The Neighbourhood: something like Jhameel's music I think

: uhh again idk nothing like the other stuff on this list...

John Powell: (fun) film music (like Waterpark from Ice Age 2)

Thomas Newman: (srs) film music (like Silhouette from the Skyfall Soundtrack)

But yeah so random.

Ristifer    1

Personally, I'm into a lot of progressive metal, jazz, pop, rap, etc. I'm really getting into a lot of instrumental music also. Some of my favourite artists right now:

Kamasi Washington

Kendrick Lamar

BADBADNOTGOOD

Kerretta

Opeth

Mastodon

Steven Wilson

Elder

Amy Macdonald

Anciients

Kylesa

Aenaon

Circa Survive

Intronaut

Tom Waits

Alex    3

I'm into any kind of music, as long as it's good and interesting. No discrimination! I love the good ole stuff, I love the new. I like electronics as well as "organics". I also enjoy different types of ethnic music, especially Indian classical music, Bulgarian vocal folk songs, or anything that includes yodeling (maybe except cowboy/country yodel songs). I do have trouble getting into inudstrial pop music though (for instance, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, 1D...). :)

JohnLever    1

Interesting! It's fun to see people here have a lot of different tastes in music but has Kimbra as a common medium to share their own musical influences.

Here's my own set of artists that I listen and look up to. Mine's a really weird combination:

Regina Spektor, Kimbra, Clara C, Imogen Heap, Karmin, Florence + the Machine, Kina Grannis, Janelle Monae, Passion Pit, and random selections of French music (i.e. Coeur de pirate, Stromae, Tete, etc.)

I'm currently discovering artists from other genre strands like Laura Mvula, Foster the People, Feist, and Bjork.