Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Welcome!

Hi! I am Libby

I Am From NY

I discovered Kimbra back in 2011 when the Music Video settle down came out and it was free on iTunes. Then i just really came to love her.

My Favorite kimbra songs are

Settle Down, Call Me, Cameo Lover, Something in the way you are, Posse, Wandering Limbs, Deep for you, Simply on my lips and Break

( I really love all of them, It was hard to choose one)

One Of my hobbies is Music listening

Hi! I am Libby

I Am From NY

I discovered Kimbra back in 2011 when the Music Video settle down came out and it was free on iTunes. Then i just really came to love her.

My Favorite kimbra songs are

Settle Down, Call Me, Cameo Lover, Something in the way you are, Posse, Wandering Limbs, Deep for you, Simply on my lips and Break

( I really love all of them, It was hard to choose one)

One Of my hobbies is Music listening

• Like 1

Jewels    1

Hello!

• I'm from Sydney, Australia
  • I discovered Kimbra around in 2011 or so, after listening to "I Look to You" by Miami Horror and after some googling, I became completely hooked to her music/
  • Oooh.. this is a tough one. I'll have to say Old Flame, because that song just stays with me no matter what.
  • Like OP, I love playing video games, creating any graphic design on photoshop, browsing tumblr, listening and playing around with music and many more things.

I thought I signed up to his forum ages ago, but it seems as though I haven't. That or I used a different email address. Either way, I'm glad to be a part of this community.

• Like 1

catherine6    1

Cześć!

I'm Kasia.I live in Poland.

I discovered Kimbra because of "Somebody...".Btw I'm also a huge fan of Gotye.For first time when I heard "Settle Down" i didn't fell in love actually but when I've found  "Cameo Lover" ...Bingo! I totally fell into Kimbra's wonderful world and I'm stuck to these days.She taught me a lot,especially to being yourself no matter what,to discover yourself,to don't think about limitations.Because of Kimbra i started to "play"(i'm still learning,by myself) classic guitar.I also love singing(my huge dream is to be an musician,but shh..it's a secret).And the weird thing is when I discovered Kimbra I started to see more,about music.artist.Now it's hard to me to call someone an artist because Kimbra is the real artist.

My fav songs are:Sally I can See You,Old Flame,CIMH,Love In High Places.

My hobbys besides music are also fitness,books,series,food and physics.

My dream is to meet and hear Kimbra live.I wish in Europe tour she will visit Poland.I'm also looking for soulmate from Poland,who loves Kimbra as much as I do.I'm running Kimbra Poland page of Fb. :)

ben1983    38

Thanks Ben!

And huge thanks for helping me get into this great forum! :)

It was not mine merit, I only promote this forum a little bit ;)

The real work have others. Therefore thank our Moderator billymagnum !

Mia    1

I LOVE KIMBRA! She is my favorite artist though I am new to this board! I'm an aspiring musician myself and she is SO inspirational! My friends wanted me to sing Settle Down at their wedding last year, it was so sweet and special, here's a link, I tried my best with the loop that I had but it was nothing like the real thaaaang :) I WOULD LOVE TO SEE KIMBRA PLAY IN NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE!!!!! That would make my LIFE!  :D 

• Like 1

aoi    2

Konnichiwa;) I'm Aoi, from Tokyo.

I've joined this forum quite a while ago, but I'm gonna have my introduction for the 1st time here.

I had discovered Kimbra's Cameo Lover through youtube, and fell in love with the song.

It's my all-time favorite song since then... the lyric, song, her outfits, music video, all about that song was too great!

Her experimental albums are always giving me huge impact.

I listen to every genre of the music and have many favorite musicians, but I always come back to her at last.

She is the best artist ever for me.

My hobbies are; movie, scuba diving, piano, irish harp, comics, dancing.

really hoping for someday to see Kimbra in Japan!

It's great to be in this forum, and thanks for reading my clumsy english till the end:))

• Like 1

Ristifer    1

Hello all! My name is Chris and I'm from Ontario, Canada.

I've honestly just recently discovered Kimbra. It was in February of this year that I heard of her on another music-related forum. I had heard so many good things about Vows, so I decided to check it out to see if the hype was justified. I'm always looking for great new artists to listen to.

Anyway, coming from a background of pure metal listening, my musical tastes have transformed over the past few years, and I've become more intrigued by R&B, soul, jazz/fusion genres. So, basically, Kimbra came along and immediately scratched several itches. I don't think I've ever heard a debut album like Vows in my lifetime. It has everything I like in music: Hooks, great rhythms, wonderful arrangements/instrumentation, a unique voice, and best of all, the delightful quirkiness that is Kimbra's personality. Her music seems to live and breathe in every song. So, I bought Vows right away. First, the North American version, and then I bought the imported Australian Tour Edition because I just needed both.

Luckily, I didn't have to wait too long for The Golden Echo to arrive, and it's had the same effect as Vows did for me, except it truly feels like a more mature sound. Which is a good thing! I basically did the same thing with TGE that I did with Vows. I bought the standard version, and then I ordered the Deluxe Edition from Australia. I needed those bonus tracks!

This post is getting long, but Kimbra has really floored me with her music and her personality. I'm always on the lookout for new videos, tour dates (I hope she comes back up to Canada soon!), etc. It's really nice to have this incredibly talented, unique, and playful woman to listen to for good vibes! After losing my Mom to cancer a few years ago, it's been a bit of a struggle to stay positive all the time. Luckily, Kimbra is able to lift my spirits instantly when I'm feeling a little blue. So, I'll be forever grateful to her for that!

Sorry! Very long introduction, but it's nice to be here. Glad to be a part of the community :)

Marie    0

Hi, anyone else still poking around in here?  :)

I first saw/heard Kimbra on "Somebody" and fell head over heels instantly also. 

I've been lucky to see her all 4 times she's been in Seattle.  3 times in 2012 and then just last Monday....man that was a looong 3 years wait.!!

Totally worth it though, I got to say a quick hello and give her my thank you's in person (tried not to be too star struck but think I failed miserably!!) and get a quick hug after the show!! **sighhh*  Life is good!