Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Welcome!

soas    0

The app she uses in the Settle Down vids (on the iPad) is called SoundPrism. It has some cool sounds on it (Rhodes, Organ etc.) and is REALLY easy to use.

thank you very much

JustShrley    12

Hello everyone :)

Hope its not to late to introduce myself. I've been wanting to do it, but my school's internet somehow doesn't allow me to access the forum. Fighting with the tech guy from my school. So since I'm home for the weekend. I thought it would be perfect to introduce myself..

Well my name is Shirley and I'm 19.

I'm a freshman in college. I go to CSU Channel Islands in Camarillo, CA about 45 minutes north of Los Angeles :)

I'm majoring in Art and a minor in Business Management. Want to be a graphic designer.

The way I discovered Kimbra was by going to friends Facebook one day randomly in early July. They had her as their timeline photo. It was the "Vow" album cover. It caught my attention and I started googling her more since her album cover was amazing and had the perfect textures. Then I Youtube her music and it was like a click that I feel in love with it. I remember that night that I at least spend two hours watching interviews and live performances. I was hooked. :wub:

My favorite song is between "Old Flame" or "Plain Gold Ring".. Hard to choose.

Well some of my hobbies are to go to concerts, promote artists, signature designing (so when ever you want just tell me) :) I've done a couple of art graphics of serval artists. I've might create a thread for them and if you would like to request. :) I'm on the Katy Perry, Selena Gomez, and The Veronicas forum. When I'm a fan, I stick to it.. lol. oh and I like to golf :D

• Like 1

CIMH    3

Hi All,

I'm a Canadian who works overseas quite a lot. Totally fell in love with Kimbra's music after seeing her in the Gotye video and then watching her other videos on youtube. I'm hooked on her live version of Limbo in the radio studio in Holland. I love the Sing Sing versions, all of them. The Spotify version of Settle Down is fantastic. The Music Videos for Good Intent and CIMH are absolutely amazing. But I love watching her live the best. Talk about pure, raw talent.

I was supposed to go see her live in Toronto on Oct 27th, but got called out of town to fly a survey in Peru. Disappointed! But someday, I may get to see her live. :)

billymagnum    50

Hi everyone! Been meaning to join for awhile... My name is Jen and Im from NJ. Billy Magnum is my boyfriend, so if you read his introduction post it will tell ya that I discovered Kimbra through the gotye song. I loved it and still do. I think we all can agree he chose the right artist to sing with him and I'm grateful he did, cause im not sure if I'd know Kimbra otherwise :)

As for my favorite Kimbra song? Today, its Come into my Head. But honestly, it changes all the time. Her songs are all so good!! And hobbies, well, muscially.. I'm not talented like Bill, but I do love to sing and music has always been a big part of my life!!! Otherwise, I used to play paintball, but have been on a hiatus with school, and now that I'm done I just love to be with people I love and have always wanted to do alot of traveling!!

i didnt even know you were here lol!

Hiya! :)

Where are you from?:

Born in Portland Oregon, lived around the US but primarily Virginia Beach, Kansas City, Detroit and currently Ann Arbor Michigan!

How did you discover Kimbra?:

I remembered some chick vaguely from Gotye's song which I, at the time, found to be overplayed (though I do like it). When a friend of mine posted "that chick's" video for "Good Intent" on Facebook I was all "How do, ma'am, you're kind of excellent." The noir element of the vid appealed to me and the musician herself had a fantastic voice. And then I watched her video for "Settle Down" and that was pretty much it.

What's your favorite Kimbra song?:

Settle Down, hands down. In contention for 2nd and 3rd are "Warrior" and "Somebody Please".

Share one of your hobbies:

My major hobbies are two pretty practical things which I'm working on doing professionally. I write a lot. Screenplays, primarily, as I have an deep interest in film production and have taken a number of classes in the field. And I'm a multi-media designer, primarily digital, currently studying for my BA in Advertising Design. Some of my work can be seen here!

• Like 1

lyle1745    5

Hi Everyone,

My name is Ashley and I am a graphic designer. I posted my work in the artwork forum: http://board.kimbram...k/page__st__180

and got an invite from billymagnum to intro myself.

thats hot! hey stop by the welcome forum when you get a chance and introduce yourself!

http://board.kimbram...elcome-newbies/

So...

- where are you from?

Born in Fiji. Grew up in Auckland, New Zealand.

- how did you discover Kimbra?

I got mates from Hamilton who were raving on about a local girl who was in a Miami Horror track.

Go Hamilton YO!!

- what's your favorite Kimbra song?

Plain Gold Ring (live at sing sing). Love Nina Simone and this is an awesome cover.

- share one of your hobbies

I love painting. Would like to make a stable career out of it someday.

n00srac    0

Hello!

My name is Carson and I am from the U.S. I discovered Kimbra after hearing her in Somebody That I Used to Know, and looked her up. It's hard to even choose a favorite song, but I'll go with Cameo Lover, since that was the first song of hers I found and probably listened to the most. My main pastimes are either reading or browsing the internet while listening to some music.(Kimbra of course!)

SingSong    21

Wow hi (this works :))! Thanks to Ben (and Billy) for helping me connect to this forum site.

- where are you from? Auckland NZ

- how did you discover kimbra

Well suddenly there was a fair bit of news, this time here last year, about a NZer whom I was not that aware of with a no. 1 song in America (no mean feat). So I thought that I would check her out on the interweb and have been hooked ever since!

- what's your favorite Kimbra song

I checked out and fell in love with the sideshow alley live performance of 'Wandering Limbs' back then. I reckon the recorded version is still my favourite. I love that it is different; lurking, haunting & magical.. just love it!

- share one of your hobbies

Well since becoming a fan of Kimbra I have been inspired (back?) into music more than I ever have been. I have never been to so many concerts, festivals & stuff before as this past year and still going strong!

I also love following the Women's (WTA) Tennis Circuit..

Hi! I'm Andie. I'm just 12 years old...

Where are you from?

I'm not telling

How did you discover Kimbra?

My sister showed me a few Kimbra music videos and that's all.

What is your favorite Kimbra song?

Call me

Share one of your hobbies.

I love drawing cartoon characters and Lalaloopsy dolls. I love collecting Lalaloopsy dolls.

SingSong    21

Thanks Billy I just didn't know how to fix it and where to go with the issue - so had long ago given up on the forum..

I am very fortunate that Ben approached me on twitter and we have had several cross cultural/language conversations to endeavour to understand & solve it.

I am wondering if there are others that have had difficulties connecting properly?! I realise I am perhaps not as computer savvy as many others.

Anyway I will endeavour to look, learn & use the site now:-)