Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Welcome!

Tina    12

Hi Everyone! Welcome to Kimbra's official message board! Tell us a little about yourself:

- where are you from

- how did you discover kimbra

- what's your favorite Kimbra song

- share one of your hobbies

A little about me:

Im the admin of the site and im the "third person" voice that helps post on Kimbra's facebook page when there is news that needs to be announced. However, Kimbra does post often in her own voice.

- im from san diego, California USA but i live in Los Angeles, CA

- i discovered Kimbra several years back through her music video for "Cameo Lover". Little did i know i would be fortunate enough to work with her

- favorite Kimbra song so far is "Two Way Street". The sing sing version is AMAZING!

- hobbies: i like playing video games and talking to people on the internet.

• Like 2

tiffany    2

Hi Tina, it's so awesome that you get to work for Kimbra!

-I've lived in New Jersey USA for all my life.

-Hmm, I found out about her last summer while browsing through tumblr.

-I love Two Way Street too! The live version is so captivating. I also really like Old Flame and Withdraw (so sad that it won't be on the US album).

-Umm, I enjoy drawing and surfing the interwebs :).

victoria    0

Hello, Tina and Tiffany! I'm Victoria.

- I'm from the Chicago area but I'm moving this weekend to the Kansas City area.

- I discovered Kimbra through a friend on Facebook that posted the Cameo Lover video a while back.

- My favorite Kimbra song is Cameo Lover. I just love how upbeat it is...it makes me want to dance!

- Some of my hobbies include cake decorating, singing, travelling, and being online (:

Tina    12

welcome!! feel free to start topics, etc. i think the sparseness of post is scaring people away ;P

anyways, YES im super lucky to work with kimbra- she is the consumate artist and the stuff she comes up with blows my mind! aside from that im a huge fan!

• Like 1

Aki    0

Ayo people, what's up? ^__^

I'm Jamie... But you can call me Aki because that's what people I meet over the internet call me. Either works.

--> I've lived in NJ all my life~

--> I discovered Kimbra through my friend Tiffany (^That Tiffany). She had been posting about Kimbra for a while when I decided to go listen to one of her songs.

--> My favorite Kimbra song... is probably "Settle Down." It was my first song and I was instantly hooked. I also really like the music video, which is a plus.

--> I enjoy singing.

Kansas    0

Hi Tina,

I found Kimbra searching for concerts to be held at a local venue. There is a relatively new stadium about an hour from me and I was looking for a reason to go. Well, I found a great reason. Kimbra is going to be in Kansas City on June 2.

I surfed the internet a little looking up each band or singer and once I hit on Kimbra's Sing Sing videos on YouTube I was hooked. The energy, soul, depth and craftsmanship she puts into her work really stirs my senses. The Sing Sing Plain Gold Ring video; the way she shapes the tone and depth of her lyrics with her hands and body...just amazing.

'Still dancing on the aftertaste.'

I am a SysAdmin and need music to keep me going through long days of coding and troubleshooting. Most of the time the music plays in the background and I mostly tune it out, but right now, after finding Kimbra, I find myself listening to the music more than doing my job.

This is a great way to share my interest in music. Thanks for what you do.

-Kansas

Tegan    0

Hello dears!

Florida here!

I discovered Kimbra unknowingly - searching up Nina Simone's Plain Gold Ring on youtube and I saw Kimbra's version on the side panel that youtube has. I was instantly addicted, and have been ever since.

I absolutely adore the Sing Sing version of Two Way Street and I'm loving Cameo Lover too. The music video to Settle Down is uber creative too.

She's a masterful up-and-coming artist and I hope we won't hear the end of her anytime soon! My hobbies are my life right now, composing scores and writing the first chapter of novels (after that I go blank), fitting everything else in between the too, like discvoering Kimbra. :)

SAreeckal    0

My name is Susan, and I work in entertainment too. And from one entertainment person to another, I'd love to work alongside Kimbra. Her energy shouts volumes of fun.

-I'm from the valley (the place where movies are filmed) out here in So.Cal.

- My friend introduced me to Kimbra's "Good Intent" and fell in love since.

- picking a favorite is hard, but right now I'm really into "Call Me" (gotta love the jazziness to it) and "Old Flame."

- I love to read, love watching the Batman cartoons of the '90s, hiking with family and friends.

Gullwing    1

Hello people!!! My name is Peter! Supposedly the only Greek in the forum :P

I found out about Kimbra 1 and a half year ago when "Settle Down" was free for download from iTunes. I immediately fell in love with her style and checked her up on Google. One of the best decisions I've ever made!

I'm taking the first steps towards graphic design since I love all forms of art. I love photography, music (I actually have a piano diploma) and New York (weird, huh? :P)

Cheers!!!

billymagnum    50

hey im bill

- where are you from?

new jeresy (nowhere near any fiming of the jersey shore)

- how did you discover kimbra?

it was the gotye song. my girlfriend was obsessed with it but i didn't think much of it, except for one thing...that other voice. for weeks i had here name and kept meaning to lok her up. finally one night i loaed up plain gold ring at sing sing. boom. straight to amazon to buy Vows.

- what's your favorite Kimbra song?

come into my head. i just love the chord progessions and how its so punchy

- share one of your hobbies?

music. i make my own, call me a wanna be producer/composer/player whatever. im sort of alone musically in that barely anyone i know plays an instrument and everyone likes what the radio tells them to. im mainly a guitarist but dabbled in everything but signing really, i do not sound good haha.

im very bored my the normal stuff on the radio. gimme a song ill show you two dozen it sounds exactly like. i dont buy in to all the autotuned talentless talent these days. i dont have a hundred favorite artists. i have a very very select group of different genres that i cherish and defend to the grave. Kimbra is now one of them. i dont care if i dont like what everyone else likes. thats not going to make my soul happy.

im excited to have found Kimbra and im really excited to meet some new ppl here!

• Like 1

Eireni    28

Hello people!!! My name is Peter! Supposedly the only Greek in the forum :P

Hm I'm half-Greek by heritage and how long I've lived there! So glad there is someone Greek who loves Kimbra <3

But most of the time I live in England, near London...

I found out about Kimbra through a blog shortly after the Settle Down video was released, so I guess I've been a fan longer than most people here so far? xD

My favourite song... Arghhh, how do you people choose? Erm, I can't really choose one, but my three favourites are (trying really hard not to just name all of them!...) Settle Down, The Build Up, Wandering Limbs; I just love how the way she performs Settle Down has evolved since, I don't even know what I like about the build up but I adore it, and Wandering Limbs just as an example of her live performances.

Hobbies: I'm something of a jack-of-all-trades, I'm going into art for uni, but I enjoy playing the violin, maths, physics, philosophy... Hopefully once I've graduated I'll either become a Concept Designer for games and films, or go into art in the music industry, so music videos and album covers and the like.

Hello all, I'm Timothy

I'm currently living in Orange County, California. It looks like I might be one of the younger ones here as I'm still in High School.

I discovered Kimbra early this year while talking to a friend about new artists and he mentioned Settle Down by Kimbra. Looked it up on Youtube and was instantly hooked by the build up and that voice! Still my favorite song.

I'm very into music, always listening to new artists and many different genres from different time periods. I mainly play guitar, but play a little drums and bass also. Don't sing much as I've been told my voice is like a cross between Bob Dylan and Elvis Costello! :lol:

ben1983    38

Hello toghter, i am ben.

- where are you from:

Germany, thats the reason for my bad english, but i try to get better.

- how did you discover kimbra:

A friend gave me an Vows CD from his holiday in Australia.

after this time i looked i the internet for her.

- what's your favorite Kimbra song:

all of them, but if i must choose one of theme: today it,s posse.

- share one of your hobbies:

at the moment i have not so much time for hobbies, but when i have got time, i do sports and other outdoor activitys.

Hey There :)

Well in Kimberlee and im from NZ, Kimbra's home country! Woohoo :)

I have always liked Kimbra's music and have just started really getting into it after my friend bought me Vows for my birthday :)

My favouite song and video is Cameo Lover and i also love Old Flame.

My hobbies include, playing tennis, being with my best friends, listning to music, watching TV and blogging!

XD

xx

ShaunMcGon    0

Hello All,

My name's Shaun. I'm from Phoenix, Arizona (USA). I was meandering through youtube via florence and the machine when I stumbled across Kimbra. Since then I have not discovered a single song that I did not love entirely. I was disappointed when I discovered on this website that she was coming to arizona literally the next day. Unfortunately I was too weary as I had never actually been to a live concert. But personally I felt she is the only truly talented artist that can pull off perfect melodies in any circumstance (as evidenced by the countless live performances available online). I will definitely be attending the next opportunity I get...I don't want to miss a chance like that again.

As far as my hobbies...I have more than one but not one particularly primary one; fencing (Foil, Epee, Sabre), triathlon (swimming, biking, running), rock-climbing (mainly bouldering), weightlifting (plyometrics, focus on muscular strength and power with heavy lifting and recently powerlifting), and I'm planning on picking up welding and sewing when I can muster up enough money to get some free time.

Oh and I just like to say Kimbra is absolutely beautiful and talented beyond measure to me :D

Alecia45    1

Hi everyone!

My name is Alecia and I'm from Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

I have Gotye to thank for my discovery of Kimbra. To be honest I wasn't that into her music at first. It was just so different. But her unique sound and creativity took a hold of me and haven't let me go.

My favourite song is Withdraw. The emotion behind the song is heartbreaking and beautiful and I can relate to it for sure.

Personally, I like playing guitar and singing (when I'm feeling daring enough, I try to take on a Kimbra song :P).

I just wanted to add that I'm so grateful to Kimbra and her band for coming to Canada. She's one of my favourite artists and I feel so lucky to have seen her perform live!

• Like 1

TooPedantic    0

Hey Folks,

My name is Luis, and I currently live in Asheville, NC.

I discovered Kimbra via the Gotye video. Her voice was just so confident & enthralling...been hooked ever since.

Favorite song? Wow, just about all of them, but I'll narrow it down a bit... First song I fell in love with was the "Live at Sing Sing Studios" edition of "Good Intent" but, admittedly, "Posse" has slowly grown on me to become my current favorite. The lyrics do it for me...just fantastic.

Listening to music is one of my biggest hobbies...likely a common thread among most of us here. Bit of a hockey nut, too. Love to people watch, debate with friends, and probably surf the infernalnet a bit too much. ;)

roygonzz    0

HEY EVERYBODY!

yo tina, how the flip did you get to work with kimbra:D?

My name is Roy and i live in Culver City, CA

i discovered kimbra on youtube with her Cameo Lover vid A WHILE BACK!. But throughout time, her music started to grow on me and now im hooked!

"Two Way Street" is definitely my favorite song, especially the Sing Sing live version. However, "Old Flame" is a replay on my Ipod as well. i try to stray away from listening the popular songs too much and really capture the essence and melodies that she supplies for the other tracks.

I love to dance. Im in a hip-hop dance crew with a lot of my friends:) I love volleyball, i simply adore the sport. Discovering new music is also really fun:)

roygonzz    0

HEY EVERYBODY!

yo tina, how the flip did you get to work with kimbra:D?

My name is Roy and i live in Culver City, CA

i discovered kimbra on youtube with her Cameo Lover vid A WHILE BACK!. But throughout time, her music started to grow on me and now im hooked!

"Two Way Street" is definitely my favorite song, especially the Sing Sing live version. However, "Old Flame" is a replay on my Ipod as well. i try to stray away from listening the popular songs too much and really capture the essence and melodies that she supplies for the other tracks.

I love to dance. Im in a hip-hop dance crew with a lot of my friends:) I love volleyball, i simply adore the sport. Discovering new music is also really fun:)

follow me on twitter @roygonzz :)

Kevin777    6

Another Canuck here, but from Vancouver! It has been awhile since I've been on another artist forum.

I only learned about Kimbra on Youtube when her Vows album was being advertised. When I heard "Settle Down" being played, I just had to hear the rest of the song.

"Settle Down" would have to be my favorite. There are just so many variations to how she plays this song!

I like to play video games and draw!

KirstinAlli    2

Hi! I'm Kirstin, I'm from Byron Bay, Australia.

I discovered Kimbra a couple of years back now, I saw a video of her doing Settle Down live at a pub in Melbourne. This was before she had made any film clips.

I saw her live at Splendour in 2011 and there were hardly any people there! It was 1 day before my birthday. I was front row centre, wearing a love heart black board sign which read 'I want to Settle Down with Kimbra'. Best Birthday Ever.

My favourite Kimbra song is Call Me. They're all fabulous but that one is my favourite!

My hobby is my job. I am a Vocal Teacher and absolutely love every minute of it! Other hobbies would be gigging at local venues and seeing live music!

Happy Friday! :) K

billymagnum    50

Hi! I'm Kirstin, I'm from Byron Bay, Australia.

I discovered Kimbra a couple of years back now, I saw a video of her doing Settle Down live at a pub in Melbourne. This was before she had made any film clips.

I saw her live at Splendour in 2011 and there were hardly any people there! It was 1 day before my birthday. I was front row centre, wearing a love heart black board sign which read 'I want to Settle Down with Kimbra'. Best Birthday Ever.

My favourite Kimbra song is Call Me. They're all fabulous but that one is my favourite!

My hobby is my job. I am a Vocal Teacher and absolutely love every minute of it! Other hobbies would be gigging at local venues and seeing live music!

Happy Friday! :) K

welcome! :D