Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billymagnum

Do you play an instrument???

40 posts in this topic

In school when I took music as a class lesson, it was interesting because I had an academic background to music, but there was a classmate who who could throw out some gorgeous chords on the piano, without lessons, and couldn't tell you what a cadence was. Crazy talent.

i just bought a bass on black friday. turned out to be the only decent deal all day online or not. a shiny new Ibanez 6 string.

Ever since trying to record bass for my Warrior remix on a horrible quality borrowed bass, ive wanted to get one. its really fun and a nice change of pace from guitar. pics to come...

Ah, that's cool!

This is going to be a dumb question, but what's the main difference between a guitar and a bass?

its not a dumb question. a bass is all about the low end frequencies or bass and guitars are usually for higher or treble frequencies. basses can hit notes much much lower than a guitar can hope to and guitars can in turn hit notes much much higher. basses are usually much larger and longer than a guitar in order to handle the much thicker strings.

248844_10151241661017789_1244677883_n.jpg

1 person likes this

yes active indeed. this bass was a heck of a bargain. it blows my friends american made, aka super expensive, Fender bass away in every way. i have messed around with basses in the past but never owned one and never played any with more than 4 strings. i wanted my own BUT i didnt want to worry about need a more extended range and have to buy so rather ambitiously and maybe a bit arrogantly, i just dove right into 6 string territory. sink or swim i thought. im swimming ^_^

right now starting off with easy slap stuff like RHCP higher ground and a lot of no doubt tragic kingdom era stuff for nor finger style. um yeah a bit of kimbra too haha :D

yes thats my way.i only look something up if im completely stumped or i know im way off but my ears are usually pretty good at figuring music out.

Sorry mods if Im posting this in the wrong section or if this has been created before. Basically its about What instrument do you play or want to play? I used to play the chello and now kinda play the piano and keyboard in free time. But what Instument do you play or want to play?

I think this thread can be about both.

Going to do it this year, I'm going to try and learn (the basics at least) of playing guitar!

First I need to get a guitar...